Current:Home > NewsRekubit Exchange:Third Republican presidential debate to be held in Miami on Nov. 8 -Dynamic Wealth Solutions
Rekubit Exchange:Third Republican presidential debate to be held in Miami on Nov. 8
PredictIQ Quantitative Think Tank Center View
Date:2025-04-07 04:11:41
The Rekubit Exchangethird Republican presidential debate will be held on Nov. 8 in Miami, with candidates facing the toughest requirements yet to qualify to take the stage.
Candidates will have to reach 4% in multiple polls, and they'll have to have 70,000 unique donors to earn a spot in the debate, the Republican National Committee said Friday. The Republican Party has not announce who the moderators will be.
The RNC made the announcement days before candidates are to meet for their second primary debate. Former President Donald Trump skipped the first debate and will be absent from the second one, too. Instead, he plans to meet with current and former union workers in Michigan, while the Sept. 27 debate takes place at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, California.
- The first Republican debate's biggest highlights: Revisit 7 key moments
The requirements for the third debate will be more challenging to meet than the second. For the second debate, candidates need at least 3% in two national polls or 3% in one national poll as well as two polls from four of the early-voting states — Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada and South Carolina, according to the RNC. The White House hopefuls must also have at least 50,000 unique donors.
The GOP hasn't confirmed the qualified participants for Wednesday's debate, but several campaigns have said they've satisfied the marks, including former Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, Sen. Tim Scott, former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, biotech entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy and former Vice President Mike Pence.
North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum and former Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson participated in the first debate, but their attendance for the second is uncertain.
The candidates are arranged on stage based on their order in polls that meet standards set by the RNC, with higher-performing candidates standing closer to center stage.
Scott, who was second from the right edge of the stage for the first GOP debate last month, has proposed the RNC change how it orders the candidates for next week's debate. In a letter to Chair Ronna McDaniel, Scott's campaign argued that, since Iowa's caucus is the leadoff to GOP balloting next year, "polling results from Iowa should be the primary consideration for podium placement at the September debate."
"The debate committee has had a very thoughtful approach to the entire process, and we continue to welcome input from all candidates, partners and stakeholders," RNC officials said of Scott's proposal. "We look forward to hosting another fair and transparent debate stage in Simi Valley."
- In:
- South Carolina
- Iowa
- Tim Scott
- Donald Trump
- Politics
- North Dakota
- Miami
- California
veryGood! (59)
Related
- FACT FOCUS: Inspector general’s Jan. 6 report misrepresented as proof of FBI setup
- Feds charge eBay over employees who sent live spiders and cockroaches to couple; company to pay $3M
- Kentucky governor touts rising college enrollments while making pitch for increased campus funding
- AP Week in Pictures: Global | Jan 6-January 12, 2024
- What to know about Tuesday’s US House primaries to replace Matt Gaetz and Mike Waltz
- Russian pro-war activist to face trial over alleged terrorism offenses, Russian news agency says
- Democrats’ education funding report says Pennsylvania owes $5B more to school districts
- Why does Iowa launch the presidential campaign?
- 2025 'Doomsday Clock': This is how close we are to self
- 2 dead, 3 rescued after a boat overturns near a southeast Alaska community
Ranking
- Federal court filings allege official committed perjury in lawsuit tied to Louisiana grain terminal
- People’s rights are threatened everywhere, from wars to silence about abuses, rights group says
- Nicaragua opponent exiled in Costa Rica wounded in shooting
- Daniel Day-Lewis breaks from retirement to fete Martin Scorsese at National Board of Review Awards
- The Super Bowl could end in a 'three
- 'Get well soon': Alabama football fans struggling with Saban's retirement as tributes grow
- Argentina’s annual inflation soars to 211.4%, the highest in 32 years
- In 1989, a distraught father was filmed finding the body of his 5-year-old son. He's now accused in the boy's murder.
Recommendation
Federal Spending Freeze Could Have Widespread Impact on Environment, Emergency Management
Israel seeks dismissal of South Africa's case at U.N. court alleging genocide against Palestinians in Gaza
The Emmys are confusing this year, so here's a guide to what is and isn't eligible
Tennessee House Republicans defend requiring tickets for more than half of the public gallery seats
Apple iOS 18.2: What to know about top features, including Genmoji, AI updates
Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Rare Night Out With Sons Truman and Chet Is Sweet Like a Box of Chocolates
Ohio woman lied about child with cancer to raise more than $10,000, police say
Olympics brings on its first beer brand as a global sponsor — Budweiser’s AB InBev